Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipados 13.1 unable to download new apps

Installed iPadOS 13.1 successfully. Connects to home WiFi, able to use Safari, Mail, etc.

But when I attempt to use App Store to check for app updates or to download a new app, I get the spinning circle of death -- it does not appear to be connecting to server for these specific functions.

Disconnected and reconnected to home WiFi -- no effect.

If I shutdown and restart, it works ... briefly, and then it doesn't'.

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 12:03 PM

Hello,

Try resetting iPad's settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

8 replies

Sep 27, 2019 2:27 PM in response to labman

Status update. Not a WiFi problem. Enabled App Store downloads via cell service, but problem persists. After rebooting, I can view the updated app list after tapping my account icon in App Store, but no apps needing updating appear in the list, even though I know several of my apps have updates available. Turning auto-download on or off in Settings has no effect.

After about one minute of restart, I simply get persistent spinning gearwheel when attempting to view app update list.

Is there any other way to update apps besides the (broken) iPadOS App Store?

Sep 28, 2019 10:24 AM in response to labman

Point of clarification. I CAN connect to the App Store, but when I click on my icon to access account for viewing updates, I get the spinning wheel. The only time I can download new apps is immediately after restarting the iPad, but available updates still don’t show up when clicking on my icon.

Within a couple of minutes of restart, I can no longer download new apps either. Get the spinning circle.

My hunch is that it is an account verification error that developed after updating to the new iPadOS.

(I have absolutely no problems with a second, older iPad on the same network.)

ipados 13.1 unable to download new apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.