Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay in safari just works with sound, not video - since iPadOS

Since I installed iPadOS, whenever I watch a video through safari with airplay on my Apple TV 3, I don’t see the video, just hear the sound.

airplay works fine through the youtube app, but I don’t want to use that one, coz it doesn’t support small picture mode and has all kinds of ads.

i would like to be able to watch videos through safari again.

hats the problem?

thanks for your help,

Paul

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 10:27 AM

Hello,

Try resetting iPad's settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

9 replies

Sep 27, 2019 4:19 PM in response to Trausner

I’m also having this problem. Since updating to iPadOS 13.1, now on 13.1.1, (iPad Pro 2018) when airplaying a video from Safari to my AppleTV (4th generation) I only get sound but no video (the video keeps playing on my iPad and the sound comes out the TV)..

@zmclearan. Is it working on your iPad or are you just recommending to reset all setting just in case? I’d like to know whether this is an OS bug or a few isolated cases.

Before coming here I searched the net and found this article

https://support.airserver.com/support/solutions/articles/43000530420-does-airserver-support-ios-ipados-13-1-

and they claim there’s a known issue in 13.1 “Mirroring content from any video player in Safari only mirrors sound, not video.” which seems similar to what we are experiencing.

Oct 18, 2019 9:19 AM in response to Trausner

Lucky you! I’ve tried resetting all settings in my iPad (iPadOS 13.1.3) and I still can’t get the video to play on my AppleTV (tvOS 13.0), only the sound, when trying to airplay a YouTube or Vimeo video. So far I can only get it to work if airplay a video from the apple.com website.

It works fine if I airplay from my iPhone which is still on iOS 12.

Oct 26, 2019 8:11 AM in response to Schuffi

I just set up my iPad as new without using my old backup.

iPad Pro 11”2018

ipados 13.1.3

first thing i tried was safari airplay of YouTube videos to Apple TV 3

it doesn’t work most of the time. Just sound, no video.

but when I request the desktop website on YouTube.com then it works most of the time.

so, it sure if the problem is with apple or google.

Airplay in safari just works with sound, not video - since iPadOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.