Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain iphone 6s

Bought a new battery and iphone still draining battery, last 1-2hours even on flight mode it drains...so disappointed in apple 🍎....please fix this apple!!!

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 4:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 7:09 AM

Here is what is happening...the photo app is stuck in "curating" optimization mode. It continues this in the background so if you have a lot of photo's it will eat your battery.

I have a 6S that is in perfect condition, never dropped or exposed to moisture and a new battery was installed by Apple. Apple said the battery drain was a "hardware issue". Nope, it was the software.

After I received my new phone (iPhone 11) I deleted everything on my 6S. Since the pic's were gone and icloud was not syncing photo's, guess what...my 6S has been on for several days and the battery percentage is still the same. 2 days ago it was 74%, this morning it was 74%.

Unhappy that Apple could not figure this out and I was compelled to buy a new phone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2019 7:09 AM in response to jeremy_v

Here is what is happening...the photo app is stuck in "curating" optimization mode. It continues this in the background so if you have a lot of photo's it will eat your battery.

I have a 6S that is in perfect condition, never dropped or exposed to moisture and a new battery was installed by Apple. Apple said the battery drain was a "hardware issue". Nope, it was the software.

After I received my new phone (iPhone 11) I deleted everything on my 6S. Since the pic's were gone and icloud was not syncing photo's, guess what...my 6S has been on for several days and the battery percentage is still the same. 2 days ago it was 74%, this morning it was 74%.

Unhappy that Apple could not figure this out and I was compelled to buy a new phone.

Sep 29, 2019 3:51 PM in response to RottenApple911

Hello RottenApple911,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are having an issue with your battery draining quickly. I'm happy to help you with information.

Here are a few resources that can assist you:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you are still having an issue after reviewing the links, please contact Apple Support.

Have a great day!

Battery drain iphone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.