Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible

Why did I receive this message, attempting to update my iPhone 8 to IOS 13?

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 7:27 PM

Hello jk10003 and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you're having an issue with an error relating to firmware when trying to update your iPhone to iOS 13.

Take a look at these articles:

If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

If you try all of the steps listed here and still have this issue, you'll find a link at the very end of the second article that will allow you to contact Apple Support for additional help.

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2019 7:27 PM in response to jk10003

Hello jk10003 and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you're having an issue with an error relating to firmware when trying to update your iPhone to iOS 13.

Take a look at these articles:

If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

If you try all of the steps listed here and still have this issue, you'll find a link at the very end of the second article that will allow you to contact Apple Support for additional help.

Cheers.

iPhone could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.