Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail says sender address is invalid

Anybody else experiencing problems in iPad os 13.1 using email....sending mail to my family using addresses that I have used for years just gets me a message that the email address is invalid....very frustrating.

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 4:03 AM

I’ve got the same problem both with iOS 13 and previously with iOS 12 . I get round it by switching from my WiFi to tethering to my iPhone for a few minutes on 4g and the mail goes immediately. Might be a clue to the problem for someone more technically competent ?.

50 replies

Oct 24, 2019 10:45 PM in response to Wyomike

This worked for me:

Settings > Passwords and Accounts > Click on your email > Click on your email again at the top > Outgoing Mail Server > Click Primary Server which is at the top.

Now make sure the info on this screen is filled out. Username/password/use SSL/Authentication should be password/check that the Port # is correct. (You may need to check with your ISP for the number.)

Oct 18, 2019 3:55 AM in response to eris23

And now when I go to Trash emails after selecting All some of them mysteriously uncheck themselves and I have to repeat the process....don’t even get me started about websites that are not sized properly or websites that load and then completely disappear and saved passwords not being available when I go to log in to a particular website....what a huge mess.....

Dec 27, 2019 1:37 PM in response to Wyomike

I was getting the sender email invalid as well after updating to the 11. I deleted my mail account and re-added it. On the outgoing server, where it says user name and password optional, it isn't. Once I added it my mail would go through. My husband had the same problem, but he had the user name and password filled in. I told him to re-enter his password. The phone reverified, now he can send email.

Hope this works for others!!!

Feb 7, 2020 3:10 AM in response to milena145

The email program has just disintegrated into a complete mess......after composing an email and hitting send it goes straight to the trash.....I will be composing an email and all of a sudden everything is reversed.....all the letters and words are backwards and the cursor is at the front of the email.....it is just a big joke to Apple I guess as they don’t seem to want to address the problems.

mail says sender address is invalid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.