Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two partitions - main one running Mojave 10.14.6 - can't seem to put OS X 10.7 on the other

I've tried everything, with a fresh wipe of the drive I've created two partitions - one running the main working software as 10.14 and in the other I had hoped to put OS X 10.7 to run several legacy items. But everything I do still yields "This version of Mac OS X is too new to run "install Mac OS X" from Mac OS 10.7."" when I try to install 10.7 from the bootable USB (that works flawlessly with other computers.)

Am I SOL?

With thanks!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 10:53 AM

That iMac 5K 27” 2017 is supported on macOS 10.12.4 or 10.12.5, or later. That Mac will never boot OS X 10.7.

The only path to use that Mac is via a guest in a virtual machine, and getting there will likely still involve an older Mac as an intermediate download. Or restoring and booting a 10.7 backup. (Not unless the VM provides some way to emulate an older Mac that can run OS X 10.7 and can also then boot that emulated older Mac into OS X 10.7 Recovery, and I’ve not encountered a VM with that ability.)

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2019 10:53 AM in response to Michael Hintlian

That iMac 5K 27” 2017 is supported on macOS 10.12.4 or 10.12.5, or later. That Mac will never boot OS X 10.7.

The only path to use that Mac is via a guest in a virtual machine, and getting there will likely still involve an older Mac as an intermediate download. Or restoring and booting a 10.7 backup. (Not unless the VM provides some way to emulate an older Mac that can run OS X 10.7 and can also then boot that emulated older Mac into OS X 10.7 Recovery, and I’ve not encountered a VM with that ability.)

Two partitions - main one running Mojave 10.14.6 - can't seem to put OS X 10.7 on the other

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.