Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exercise Ring Not Working Properly Since Updating to WatchOS 6.0

Since updating to WatchOS 6.0 on my Apple Watch 3 two days ago, my exercise ring is no longer recording all of my exercise minutes. If i have an activity that lasts for 30 minutes, it might count about five minutes. I am pretty regimented and have always had a good idea of what to expect from the activities I perform regularly. Now I am basically getting no credit and no longer will be able to reach my goals for the day. My company's insurance contributions vary depending on whether I am meeting those goals, so it is important to me.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 7:33 AM

Hi jleary41,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. From what you've described, it sounds like you're having trouble with your Exercise ring not recording your activity correctly. I'd love to help out with this.

A great step to try is to calibrate your Apple Watch: Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy.

You may also want to take a look at the information here: Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch.

I hope this helps. Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2019 7:33 AM in response to jleary41

Hi jleary41,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. From what you've described, it sounds like you're having trouble with your Exercise ring not recording your activity correctly. I'd love to help out with this.

A great step to try is to calibrate your Apple Watch: Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy.

You may also want to take a look at the information here: Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch.

I hope this helps. Take care!

Exercise Ring Not Working Properly Since Updating to WatchOS 6.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.