Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does the new health app collate total calories burned?

IOS13 has changed the health and activity apps. I can’t seem to find a place where you can view the graphs of total calories burned like you used to do in the old health app. It now just shows active calories or resting energy but I want to see the total energy burned. Does anyone know where I can find this? Or if not, Apple please add this into the app!

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 10:40 AM

10 replies

Sep 30, 2019 8:07 AM in response to PGMaddi

Hello PGMaddi,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you would like to see graphs of your total calories. With iOS 13 you can track trends which will show you a graph. When viewing the Activity app, tap Trends then tap the arrow in front of Move. This article has additional information about using Trends:

Track your trends in the Activity app - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Nov 26, 2019 11:45 PM in response to brenden dv

Hello Brandon DV,

please take a look again at this threat.

As far as i understand you post, you presume that we have access to that "activity app"? That app seems to be paired by using a smartwatch, which is not the case here.

iHealth was able to track active calories and so on (i posted some picutres of the current state).

iHealth still seems to calculate calories, but doesnt show it in the app. We need help there. And just to mention in, on iOS 12, it worked perfectly fine, i dont understand why it is not working any longer.

Cheers for your hasty reply

Jan 10, 2020 3:04 PM in response to PGMaddi

I just went into the Activity app and noticed the same thing. You used to be able to swipe over on the move graph and see the total calories that you burned for the day, not just the move calories. The new trends tab doesn't show the total amount for the day. It's a shame, that was a really cool feature and I don't know why it would be removed.

does the new health app collate total calories burned?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.