Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AssistiveTouch breaks functionality of Magic Keyboard on iPad Pro 13.1

I first connected my Magic Keyboard to my iPad Pro 13.1, no problems there.

Then I turned on AssistiveTouch to enable my Magic Mouse 2 to also work with my iPad Pro.

Then my Keyboard stopped working fully. Here is a list of what the keys do when Assistive Touch is enabled:

7, 8, 9, o, m, ., and many more keys stop working or act as arrow keys or clicks

ENTER shows AssistiveTouch menu instead of its function.

Many more problems with keys.

Hope this clears out the issue and results in a fix.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 1:25 PM

Ok just figured it out, you add the Magic Mouse via Accessibility > Switch Control > Switches >Bluetooth Devices and make sure the make sure the "Mouse key'" is turned off inside AssistiveTouch.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2019 1:25 PM in response to Community User

Ok just figured it out, you add the Magic Mouse via Accessibility > Switch Control > Switches >Bluetooth Devices and make sure the make sure the "Mouse key'" is turned off inside AssistiveTouch.

Oct 4, 2019 2:51 PM in response to Phosphine

Purchased iPad using iPadOS and wish to add external storage. Cannot find the Files App on any screen. Should it be present?

Watched a number of YouTube clips where external storage can be added. Purchased a 3rd party dongle to USB and the iPad does not seem to recognise it. Does the dongle have to be an Apple product as on one clip, it appeared to require a software update before it became operational?

AssistiveTouch breaks functionality of Magic Keyboard on iPad Pro 13.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.