Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro keyboard problem when Assistive Touch is enabled

I have a 2016 10.5” iPad Pro, with the compatible Logitech Keyboard.

After updating to iPadOS 15.2.1, my keyboard went insane and my mouse didn’t work properly anymore either.

It took a fair bit of trouble shooting to discover that this only happened when Assistive Touch was enabled. If there’s a problem, I won’t stop until I’ve solved it….

I remembered that on occasion, an update would change, usually, just a single setting. Turn something on that was off etc.

I went through every keyboard and mouse setting to discord that ‘mouse keys’ had been enabled. Turning it off fixed the problem and now everything’s sweet once more.

I couldn’t find any 2022 articles about this topic, so I wanted to post the solution I found today, just in case anyone experiences the same problem.

Cheers everyone!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 1:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 4:57 AM

Thanks! This problem does up pretty often here in the forums, usually from someone reporting that their 789uiojkl keys no longer work. Mouse Keys can be easily turned on by mistake if you hit the option key 5 times.

Similar questions

1 reply

iPad Pro keyboard problem when Assistive Touch is enabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.