Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad pro 2020 Assistive touch issue with magic keyboard

Hello from Greece,

Here's my experience. I recently acquired an ipad pro 12.9 2020 model, with the new magic keyboard.

I noticed that, when assistive touch is on and the option "tap to Click" on the trackpad is also on, once i move the cursor on the assistive touch circle, the circle goes crazy and opens and closes very fast. Even if I manage to return to the home screen, the screen itself moves back and forth. It happens every time and I usually have to restart the device.

Please note that if the "tap to Click" option on the trackpad is of, everything is normal and assistive touch works like a charm. However, since I enjoy the "tap to Click" option, I turned off the assistive touch and everything works just fine.

I went to my local apple dealer and they told me that it should be a firmware issue (just the other day iPadOS 13.5.1 was installed), which should be taken care of in a future update. If not, they told me that I should bring the devices in for service (the warranty is still active). Any thoughts?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 12:32 PM

Sounds like something to bring to Apple's attention via

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 15, 2020 9:26 AM in response to Vironakos

I have exactly this same issue. In addition it froze my ipad to where I couldn't force restart it. After a couple of hours I was able to restart it. A call to technical support and they couldn't figure it out. I think it's a bug in the 13.51 firmware. I've read posts that the assistive touch will freeze the ipad even without the magic keyboard. I've turned off the assistive touch as I'd rather have 'tap to click' on the trackpad enabled. It's functional for me but I am not happy.

Ipad pro 2020 Assistive touch issue with magic keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.