Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sync'ing audio to video

When trying to move an audio selection in the timeline, there seems to be an invisible line which causes the audio to shorten. If I move the selected audio away, it expands to its full length. I've included some screen shots in an attempt to explain myself. Does it make sense to anyone? Can anyone show me the answer? I'm sure it's something simple. Any help appreciated.

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 3:11 PM

Expand out your time line with the slider above the time line to the right. That probably will resolve it. When you have your timeline shrunk down all the video clips look the same size when some may be of much longer duration than others. When an audio clip is under a very long duration video it will look much smaller.

— Rich

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2019 3:11 PM in response to SlippySlope

Expand out your time line with the slider above the time line to the right. That probably will resolve it. When you have your timeline shrunk down all the video clips look the same size when some may be of much longer duration than others. When an audio clip is under a very long duration video it will look much smaller.

— Rich

Sep 29, 2019 9:12 AM in response to Rich839

Rich...can I ask you one additional question without starting a new thread?

For the audio tracks, I can fade in and out at the beginning and end of a track. But, is there a way to at a midpoint in an audio track to bring the audio level down and then bring it back up (this would be when a parallel video clip has audio that I would like to be heard and not over driven by the audio track)?

Rick (SlippySlope)

sync'ing audio to video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.