Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flickering Screen iPhone 11 Pro

Hello, I bought an iPhone 11 Pro, after 2 days I updated iOS to 13.1 and noticed that in True Tone mode the screen of my iPhone began to flicker periodically. What do I need to do, carry to a service center or wait for an iOS update?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 8:06 PM

It seems like a wide spread issue among many users on MacRumors Forum. To sum up, many iPhone 11 Pro Max devices have screen flickers in photos app when Night Shift (or True Tone) and View Full HDR enabled.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-11-pro-max-screen-flickers-in-photos-app-when-night-shift-or-true-tone-and-view-full-hdr-enabled.2201968/

Many of us had the exact same problem reproduced when getting a replaced device (iPhone 11 Pro Max) so it would seem to be a software problem. But nothing is sure for now as we're still having the problem even now at iOS 13.1.2. @Apple please release another update soon to fix this.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2019 8:06 PM in response to MatoviyBob

It seems like a wide spread issue among many users on MacRumors Forum. To sum up, many iPhone 11 Pro Max devices have screen flickers in photos app when Night Shift (or True Tone) and View Full HDR enabled.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-11-pro-max-screen-flickers-in-photos-app-when-night-shift-or-true-tone-and-view-full-hdr-enabled.2201968/

Many of us had the exact same problem reproduced when getting a replaced device (iPhone 11 Pro Max) so it would seem to be a software problem. But nothing is sure for now as we're still having the problem even now at iOS 13.1.2. @Apple please release another update soon to fix this.

Sep 30, 2019 9:48 AM in response to MatoviyBob

Hi MatoviyBob,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble with screen flickering periodically. I’m happy to help. 

Since you mentioned that this began after updating, I suggest reinstalling iOS to see if the issue persists. While this shouldn’t remove any of your data, I suggest creating a backup beforehand:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Then, you’ll want to follow the steps in the article below, under the section labeled “Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again”:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Should the issue persist after that, you’ll want to refer to this article:

Get help with the display on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

Flickering Screen iPhone 11 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.