Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro and Magic Mouse

I can’t connect my Magic Mouse to my iPad Pro any idea how to connect?

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 2:38 PM

Hello,

Apple explicitly states in Assistive Touch settings that Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad are not supported over Bluetooth.

That being said what has worked for me is:

Turn off Magic Mouse

Turn off Assistive Touch

Open Switch Control in Accessibility Settings > Devices

Turn on your Magic Mouse while holding down the click button until the indicator light on the bottom starts to flash.

Select Magic Mouse in Switch Control settings.

Return to Assistive Touch and enable. Magic Mouse will now work over Bluetooth. You will not be able to perform gestures on Magic Mouse but you will be able to assign different actions to both the left and right click buttons.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2019 2:38 PM in response to patrik133

Hello,

Apple explicitly states in Assistive Touch settings that Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad are not supported over Bluetooth.

That being said what has worked for me is:

Turn off Magic Mouse

Turn off Assistive Touch

Open Switch Control in Accessibility Settings > Devices

Turn on your Magic Mouse while holding down the click button until the indicator light on the bottom starts to flash.

Select Magic Mouse in Switch Control settings.

Return to Assistive Touch and enable. Magic Mouse will now work over Bluetooth. You will not be able to perform gestures on Magic Mouse but you will be able to assign different actions to both the left and right click buttons.

iPad Pro and Magic Mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.