You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 pro Bluetooth dropping calls

Phone is now on 13.1 also had same issues out of the box. When using Bluetooth in my Toyota and Subaru the phone drops every call after about 2 minutes. No issues with music only calls. So far I did a hard reset after the phone locked up, I have forgotten Bluetooth devices and reconnected. No luck. Any insight would be great.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 6:29 PM

92 replies

Oct 25, 2019 2:42 PM in response to Bugslayer1000

I’ve had the same issue and couldn’t figure it out. Any device that was connected through Bluetooth will drop my calls within a few minutes. Even if I put the call on speakerphone with no Bluetooth the call still dropped. There’s a few ways to resolve this that I found.

1. When you answer a call make sure you turn Bluetooth off or keep it off until you need it, this will prevent your call from dropping.
  2. upgrade to iOS 13.2. You will have to join the apple beta program but it’s free for everyone you just have to register your device and download the profile. Just Google apple beta program. Now being in the beta program comes with other little nuances sometime but mostly just little things with workarounds. I’ve never had a major issue and I’ve been doing the beta program for years . But the big key here is it will solve the Bluetooth issue you’re having. I’ve been on it about four days and I haven’t dropped one call while on Bluetooth including my headset and Toyota Tacoma.

hope this helps.

Sep 28, 2019 8:39 AM in response to Bugslayer1000

I've had the 11Pro for a week using AirPods and calls are dropping ALL the time. I can barely hear or others can't hear me half the time. Camera and battery life may be better but if I can't use the phone as a phone, it's just for messaging and taking pictures. I've updated to 13.1 and the connection/reception actually got worse. I have Verizon. Didn't have this problem with the X.

Oct 2, 2019 8:30 PM in response to Bugslayer1000

I’ve been having the similar issues with my VW although a bit different. Firstly, my calls don’t drop EVERY time, and the rate at which they drop varies. Sometimes the call will drop 4 minutes in, other times the call will drop 15 minutes in. I only started experiencing these issues when I switched from the iPhone 7 to iPhone 11. No issues with Bluetooth otherwise, just that calls are DROPPING. I actually thought it was a hardware issue initially and exchanged my phone with my provider. The store rep advised me no one else was complaining about this. My phone is up to date and I’ve tried all the solutions as outlined in different forums. Please help if anyone figures this out.

Oct 3, 2019 12:25 PM in response to Bugslayer1000

I am also having a similar issue with the Bluetooth in my 2015 Suburban. Calls are dropped after a minute or two when connected to Bluetooth and the sound quality is horrible. It cuts in and out where people can’t hear me and I can’t hear them and there is a loud crackling/popping sound during the call. Once I transfer off Bluetooth sound, that goes away but the call still drops. Ridiculous that this is happening!

Oct 3, 2019 7:19 PM in response to Bugslayer1000

I’m about ready to return this piece of crap iPhone 11. Nothing but dropped calls all day on Bluetooth!! Did most recent update and NO FIX. I work in my car for my job and this is killing me. I can’t hold my phone all day while driving and making calls. Apple you need to fix this and actually do an update that works.

my iPhone 6 I just upgraded from had zero issues. I’m regretting the switch... this thing stinks.

Oct 4, 2019 6:58 AM in response to Bugslayer1000

I am having the same issues with my iPhone 11 which is running IOS 13.1.2. Calls drop after a few minutes when connected to my 2018 Toyota 4Runner Bluetooth. I can't reconnect and the phone continues to drop calls until I do a hard reset. I try using my AirPods and speaker after the calls start dropping and have the same problem. It seems like the phone gets triggered by some glitch in the Bluetooth and only a hard reset gets it back.

Oct 6, 2019 6:00 AM in response to Bugslayer1000

Same issue, doesn't happen with iPhone X or iPhone 7, I have a MAzda CX5 but it isn't just in the care it is any bluetooth connection. I have done hard reset, factory restore, forgot all bluetooth devices and repaired nothing helped. Apple support is trying to tell me it's an individual phone problem but I have 2 friends that have had phones replaced by Apple and the new ones are doing exactly the same thing

Oct 7, 2019 5:51 PM in response to Bugslayer1000

Same exact issue on 2018 Toyota Tundra, drops bluetooth and then disconnects connection to iphone 11 from truck altogether, even though the phone is still connected to the caller on the phone. Have updated to 13.1.2, still happening. This bug also caused the phone interface on the truck's touchscreen to freeze up altogether once after it dropped the bluetooth call.

Oct 7, 2019 7:08 PM in response to lilybeardog

The issue is with iOS 13, not the phone. I have the iPhone 11 Pro Max 512 Gb. Upgrade to 13.1.2 did not help. Calls dropping on Bluetooth. Not using it with a vehicle, just with AirPods on calls. I went to Verizon to return phone so I could go back to Xs, but they said, all new phones would have iOS 13 built in and even if I went back to my old X, since I restored to iOS 13, there is no going back.

iPhone 11 pro Bluetooth dropping calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.