Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp drivers for 2015 Air

Hi,

Yesterday, I tried using Bootcamp to install windows 10 on my Macbook Air Early 2015 8gb, 128gb ssd, MacOS HighSierra.

I had the ISO already which I copied to downloads folder on my mac, and ran the bootcamp. Ideally at the end of the process after the reboot windows installer should open up but instead my machine booted into MacOS again. The bootcamp did create the BOOTCAMP partion though. I have undone this partion and ran the bootcamp again, gave several attempts to this but same thing happens.

So, in final attempt after the creation of BOOTCAMP partition and booting back to MacOS, I attached my Windows 10 bootable flash drive, I rebooted the system and held the Opt key, and selected the bootable drive. Installed Windows to BOOTCAMP partition and it successfully installed. My network adapter was not detected. I downloaded BOOTCAMP5 drivers from support page[which is apparantly intended for older macs], the setup.exe doesn't execute, it says "this version of bootcamp is not intended for this computer model". I then specifically ran the broadcom driver in it, it did install and now the wifi is working fine.

Now, my Windows 10 is working, wifi is working, used the keyboard and trackpad drivers in the apple folder included in BOOTCAMP5 but it didn't make any change, can't use rightclick from trackpad, can't forward delete from keyboard etc. In short I don't feel this is the ideal bootcamp scenario. Also from Windows boot I don't see the OSXRecovery drive which bootcamp creates[and should be accessed for manually launching bootcamp setup after 1st booting into Windows]

Using Windows is essential for a project I am working on in my clg, and have to submit it in 3 days. So, although I have managed to kickstart Windows on my mac, any help to get it more closer to ideal bootcamp setup is appreciated.

Especially if someone can provide me Bootcamp drivers supported for my macbooks version of bootcamp...

Thanks!

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 4:21 AM

W10 drivers for Bootcamp can be downloaded using BC Assistant -> Action -> Download option.

You may want to remove the current installation using Remove Windows from your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support.

Your W10 ISO should not be in the Downloads folder. It can be in any other folder, except Downloads.

Similar questions

3 replies

Bootcamp drivers for 2015 Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.