Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Distorted audio using USB connection in car iPhone 11 Pro Max

I just got my phone today and really enjoy it so far...the camera is amazing.

Unfortunately I do not have Bluetooth in my car but I do have a USB connection which I have used for the last 3.6 years to listen to Apple music or Amazon Music. Tonight I plugged in my phone and there was a ton of crackling and distortion hen the music was playing. If I unplug the phone and play the song, it sounds normal with no issue.

Since the phone is plugged in via USB, I cannot change the volume on the phone. The volume on my car radio was only at 8.

I tried to see if the issue occured while using Apple music as well as Amazon music and the results were the same. I have used earbuds and there is no issue.

As I don't have Bluetooth, I also don't have satellite radio so being able to play music from my apps is huge. Not being able to play music via my apps could be a deal.breaker with the new phone 😔

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 10:46 PM

5 replies

Sep 30, 2019 1:40 PM in response to ArikaAZ

Hello ArikaAZ.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, you are having playback issues when connecting your new iPhone to the USB connection in your car. I will be glad to assist. You have already performed some great trouble shooting steps to isolate this.

Let's continue by checking the following from this resource:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod doesn't connect to or work in your car

1. If possible, try to connect using another cable or USB port. Check your car owner's manual to learn how to connect an Apple device.
  2. Check your charging port for any debris or damage. Make sure that your charging cable is inserted fully into the port.
  3. Update your device.
  4. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.

Cheers.

Distorted audio using USB connection in car iPhone 11 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.