Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The lack of options for viewing and using transparent ”raw”/*.png/etc.-images, since the iOS 13 Update

Hello!

Before the update to iPad OS 13, I had no problem watching, using or creating transparent *.png files.

Since the update, the only location where I can view the images as transparent, is in the files section.

If it only was in the photo gallery section that the images were “dumbened” down to images with a white background, it would make no difference to me; but since it affects the photo editing apps where the iPad has been useful to me and many others, I find it sort of annoying.

Will there be an update that adjusts this issue, or should I get used to having to find complicated saving procedures for managing my *.png-files in the future?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 1:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 11:00 AM

Hello,

This is not occurring on my iPad. Try resetting iPad's settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2019 11:00 AM in response to Björni

Hello,

This is not occurring on my iPad. Try resetting iPad's settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

The lack of options for viewing and using transparent ”raw”/*.png/etc.-images, since the iOS 13 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.