Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Powerbeats Pro's Volume Control Not Working After iOS 13.1.1 Update.

The volume control of my Powerbeats Pro is not working after I updated to iOS 13.1.1. Although, they still work when I connect them with my Macbook Pro. Anyone who also has the same issue?

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 2:47 PM

Exactly the same issue here - definitely a bug in IOS 13 (I’m on the latest patch and the issue continues).

Steps to resolve have to be carried out each time I want to use the Powerbeats Pro.

1. Access Bluetooth in settings.
  2. Select (i) icon next to device name and select ‘Disconnect device’ if not already disconnected.
  3. Select ‘forget device’.
  4. Put both earphones in the Powerbeats Pro charger case and hold down the ‘Reset’ button for approximately 15 seconds (until the light on the front flashes red and white simultaneously.
  5. You should now see the ‘Connect’ pop up display on your iPhone (as if connecting the earphones from new).
  6. Follow the connection steps - and all should be ok (until the next time you want to use them).

I selected ‘No’ to Siri and Announcing Messages.

I suspect the code for earphones has been altered to account for AirPod Pro - and something has gone amiss for Powerbeats Pro in the process.

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2019 2:47 PM in response to klaatu_e

Exactly the same issue here - definitely a bug in IOS 13 (I’m on the latest patch and the issue continues).

Steps to resolve have to be carried out each time I want to use the Powerbeats Pro.

1. Access Bluetooth in settings.
  2. Select (i) icon next to device name and select ‘Disconnect device’ if not already disconnected.
  3. Select ‘forget device’.
  4. Put both earphones in the Powerbeats Pro charger case and hold down the ‘Reset’ button for approximately 15 seconds (until the light on the front flashes red and white simultaneously.
  5. You should now see the ‘Connect’ pop up display on your iPhone (as if connecting the earphones from new).
  6. Follow the connection steps - and all should be ok (until the next time you want to use them).

I selected ‘No’ to Siri and Announcing Messages.

I suspect the code for earphones has been altered to account for AirPod Pro - and something has gone amiss for Powerbeats Pro in the process.

Dec 29, 2019 12:52 PM in response to op3nstring

First major issue for me after 2 months of usage was connectivity. It connects and disconnects all the time that you can’t play any song. Sent it for repair. Came back to me after a week of repair with functioning connectivity but volume and play button not working. Went to Apple Genius bar. They took it behind their doors away from public vicinity then volume and play button are working already. After a week (just last week), volume and play button are not working anymore. It annoys me but I’ll live with it. The connection problem that I had was way WORSE because it makes the Powerbeats Pro NON FUNCTIONAL.

I HOPE APPLE WILL SOLVE THIS. IF NOT, I WILL NO LONGER BUY ANY BLUETOOTH DEVICE FROM APPLE AND WILL BE THE NUMBER 1 AMBASSADOR NOT TO BUY THESE SH#TTY PRODUCTS.

Oct 1, 2019 10:48 AM in response to op3nstring

Hello op3nstring,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are having a volume issue with your iPhone and Powerbeats Pro earphones but you don't have this issue with your MacBook Pro. To help with this, please restart your iPhone, reset your Powerbeats Pro earphones and test your issue again. If you're still having this issue, please contact Apple for further assistance.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Reset your Beats earphones

Contact Apple Support 

Cheers!

Nov 1, 2019 6:17 AM in response to raina_b22

iOS 13.2 having the same issue. Powerbeats pro volume button is not working when connecting to iPhone but function normally with MacBook Air, Apple Watch 4. It also seems to display a generic bluetooth icon/symbol in the airplay tab (instead of the actual powerboat pro icon) or sometimes a headphone symbol is displayed instead.

Powerbeats Pro's Volume Control Not Working After iOS 13.1.1 Update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.