Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loss of volume on Apple Music playing on Macbook Pro 16

I've just encountered this problem, although I see others have experienced it as far back as nearly two years ago: Songs played on Apple Music are now barely audible on my Macbook Pro, whether played through the built-in speakers or via Bluetooth. I just edited a track using Logic Pro and Adobe Audition that plays at a normal volume in either program but is dramatically lower when imported into Apple Music. Specifically, a track that was registering at about 75db when played on Logic Pro through the Macbook Pro speakers (Logic Pro audio level set at 0.0, Macbook Pro volume set at about 90%) was about 54db when played on Apple Music. This drove me for the first time to fiddle with the equalizer, which I have never had to do previously. Is it possible that a preference file or something else in the program got corrupted, and that could be causing the problem? The same track plays perfectly well through Apple Music on my iPhone 12.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 12:59 PM

Hi DC Proud,

Does this only happen for songs imported into Apple Music? You may be able to adjust the volume for those particular songs by doing the following:

1. Select the song
  2. Choose Song from the toolbar > Info
  3. Select Options
  4. Drag the volume slider to adjust

Check out: Adjust the volume in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Have a good one!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2022 12:59 PM in response to DC Proud

Hi DC Proud,

Does this only happen for songs imported into Apple Music? You may be able to adjust the volume for those particular songs by doing the following:

1. Select the song
  2. Choose Song from the toolbar > Info
  3. Select Options
  4. Drag the volume slider to adjust

Check out: Adjust the volume in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Have a good one!

Oct 24, 2022 2:43 PM in response to Trish313

You're right. 🫢 The solution was here:

• Change the volume for all songs (like turning the volume knob on a stereo): Use the volume slider at the top of the Music window.
  • The maximum volume is limited by your computer’s volume setting.

Unfortunately, the volume control is not as visible on my laptop in dark mode, and I hope in a future update that Apple would tweak this so that it is more visible. You can see the issue here:

Loss of volume on Apple Music playing on Macbook Pro 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.