Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknow error can't update of restore

I just tried to update my IPhone 7. I was working fine, but the update failed and now it is dead. The so far codes were 2009, 2007 and 21. So far I have changed the USB lighting cable, updated and restarted the computer and turned off Kaspersky and windows firewall.

Any ideas?

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 11:37 AM

I was able to place the phone in restore mode by pressing the button on the right and the volume down button, and after the second try, the phone restored itself through I-Tunes. I am not sure if that did it, or I just got lucky. Fortunately, before I tried to update the first time, I backed up the phone through I-Tunes. I eventually recovered all my data. However, all my music that I have had for years that I uploaded via CD's has been lost. Only the music I purchased through Apple was restored.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2019 11:37 AM in response to DougVTW

I was able to place the phone in restore mode by pressing the button on the right and the volume down button, and after the second try, the phone restored itself through I-Tunes. I am not sure if that did it, or I just got lucky. Fortunately, before I tried to update the first time, I backed up the phone through I-Tunes. I eventually recovered all my data. However, all my music that I have had for years that I uploaded via CD's has been lost. Only the music I purchased through Apple was restored.

Unknow error can't update of restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.