Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Engraving

Can I have my iPhone 7 engraved after I’ve purchased it?

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 12:50 PM

CXI wrote:
Thanks, but is it safe for the iPhone to do so?

Really depends on who does it. When Apple had it done, I believe it was done with a laser. Whenever there was any kind of replacement of the original device (under warranty or for a replacement fee) re-doing the engraving was included, although it might take time.

There are a lots of places that have equipment to do this sort of thing, but you might need to read reviews on who might be recommended.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2019 12:50 PM in response to CXI

CXI wrote:
Thanks, but is it safe for the iPhone to do so?

Really depends on who does it. When Apple had it done, I believe it was done with a laser. Whenever there was any kind of replacement of the original device (under warranty or for a replacement fee) re-doing the engraving was included, although it might take time.

There are a lots of places that have equipment to do this sort of thing, but you might need to read reviews on who might be recommended.

Sep 29, 2019 1:51 PM in response to CXI

CXI wrote:
Thank you so much! I just read that you can display a message on the lock screen if your phone is missing or stolen. That’s mainly why I wanted engraving - problem solved!

Oh. That's now known as "Find My" although it used to be "Find My iPhone" even though it worked with iPads and iPods. I think part of it is now that they have incorporated "Find My Friends" into the same app.

Engraving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.