Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image Capture is broken.

I would like to re-ask a question that got no satisfactory reply. Patrick Quin wrote: Image Capture... won't let me select images, it lags and will no longer allow me to drag and drop. Preview does the same. I know everyone will say "just use Photos" but I hate Photos as much as I hated iPhoto.

Any ideas on how else I can do the extremely easy task of importing camera files into the Pictures folder? (I'm running Mojave, everything is fully updated and this was happening with the last OSX as well.

Thanks." Same here. I really need Image Capture to work again. I'm a photographer who has zero use for the Photos app - I want to be able to select, drag and drop and delete image on my iPhone from Image Capture on my Mac. Everything is updated. Thanks.

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 5:36 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Sep 29, 2019 10:56 PM in response to LidsvilleBrown

I have always used Image Capture for imports and it has always worked as expected (I don't use drag and drop with it). Usually I import everything but selecting individual files also works. I have heard that importing new timelapse videos might cause problems (?) but I haven't experienced that.

Have you done the usual troubleshooting like reset SMC and PRAM, safe boot, Recovery mode Disk First Aid, rebuild Image Capture prefs, try another account, try another USB cable, reformat the SD card on the camera, test-import just a few simple .jpg or .cr2, then more complex images and videos etc.

Image Capture is broken.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.