Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Waiting for a comback from Apple, Ultra Wideband update error

Seeing this after the update to 13.1.1 on a 11 Pro Max, called support still waiting for a comeback on the issue, anyone else seen this yet? Still have not figure out a way to resolve this

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 10:21 AM

hmm the Genius Bar would replace the phone if it is a Hardware issue correct? The iPhone 11 I have I actually won it from a TMobile giveaway, so I’m not sure if I can just call the Apple store and get a new phone? But it’s still under the 14 days and Apple care services covered until Sept 2021

23 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2019 10:21 AM in response to markscot

hmm the Genius Bar would replace the phone if it is a Hardware issue correct? The iPhone 11 I have I actually won it from a TMobile giveaway, so I’m not sure if I can just call the Apple store and get a new phone? But it’s still under the 14 days and Apple care services covered until Sept 2021

Oct 2, 2019 1:42 PM in response to markscot

I have just updated to 13.1.2, didn't have this error with the previous version, now I've got it. I've tried reinstalling the update but when I connect my iphone 11 to itunes on my PC and syncing it and backing it up repeatedly it tells me I haven't transferred my purchases so I am nervous to force an update.

Oct 3, 2019 4:28 AM in response to DRCCS

Just an FYI..... an update

I got a hold of the original service rep as a follow up, and asked if they got any feedback on root cause, since at the time, I had sent the phone logs to them, it was escalated and reviewed and turns out that it was a hardware failure (I do not have the details) but since it is a new phone, getting it swapped out for a new phone, since I am not convinced I will never see it again, already spoke with the store manager, the funny thing that is bothersome is, when I was originally at the Apple store, they also collected the logs, but then forced the latest update and never even mentioned there was a hardware fail at any point in time, so evidently they just wanted to get another person out of the store, without being truthful about the true cause, or they never even looked at the logs. I am impressed with the tech that I originally spoke with he had excellent followup and was a pleasure to deal with, something that is getting harder and harder to find @ Apple nowadays. I am still an Apple fan, but whoever is running the custmer care division, needs to call the 800 number as if they had an issue and experience that fiasco themselves :) Note: The Apple Store manager was quick to assist me with no issues, unlike almost anyone else I spoke with. I am glad I can resolve most issues on my own :) Have a great day

Oct 3, 2019 2:01 PM in response to jmweaver559

That’s what I was told when I was chatting with the Apple CS. I’ve tried the steps on iTunes see if it’ll help the glitched but it didn’t, since the iPhone is updated. My carrier is t-mobile but most of the time T-Mobile would tell me to go to Apple if there’s a problem, I figure @ the Apple store they would know and figure out what to do better than going to T-Mobile. I’m reading the Apple care+ if it’s hardware issue, they should be able to swap phones if the one we have is defective. I have an appointment this Saturday, hopefully they’ll figure out what’s wrong. Also when I call or someone would call me, they would hear me for awhile (maybe 5-10 mins..then next thing you know, they say couldn’t hear anything ..which is weird. So this new iPhone is definitely defective.

Oct 4, 2019 10:08 AM in response to Lynn1981

Ok. So I had originally started this conversation. I worked with tech support. Sent them the logs from my iPhone and they were the ones that identified the issue as a hardware issue.

Went to the Apple store today. The manager was nice enough to have one set aside for me. Called two nights ago.

Returned the original and received a brand new phone.

I would suggest against going the Genius Bar Route. Been there done that before I got word from my original tech. That it was a HW issue. They will simply force the update via a MAC and the error will go away. BUY.... who is to say it will not return on the next update. Since forcing the update is not a fix. Just a workaround.

the tech suggested a new phone a s since we are all within 14 days there is no reason to use the Genius Bar Route. Just a retail return and re purchase. Took only minutes no questions asked.

I updated to 13.1.2 out of the box. And with the new phone there was no Wideband error

Good luck to all.

Oct 21, 2019 2:03 AM in response to markscot

Side note

Since my phone was replaced after the 13.1.1 update where the issue first started for me. There have been no further errors for 13.1.2 or 13.1.3. So I suspect some of who were able to clear the error may see it reappear on a future update. Purchased 2 Pro Max phones. And only one had the issue. That points to a hardware issue whatever the cause. If it was both I would have accepted a software issue. I had no issues getting a brand new replacement. That is my suggestion.

Oct 23, 2019 10:31 AM in response to davefrombethany

Every since my phone update to the 13.1.3 my phone is freezing, every time I hit the back arrow in my text messages it won’t do nothing, the volume sucks and Siri half working or don’t work. Even some of my apps is starting to malfunctioning. Even my battery is not charging my phone And my battery power get low fast especially when I’m not on it

Oct 23, 2019 10:47 AM in response to birdman2018

The above is not related to the conversation in this thread. Best bet would be to just wipe and restore 13.1.3 has been flawless for me personally

if after the restore you still have an issue wipe the phone and set it up as new. Signing into iCloud will bring your contacts, calendar etc. data back. restoring the apps manually is no big deal. I would also suggest removing the Facebook app if you have it installed

Waiting for a comback from Apple, Ultra Wideband update error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.