Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch keeps prompting to "Sign in to complete purchase"

Over the past couple days I have been getting many prompts on my Apple Watch asking me to "Sign in to Complete Purchase" and it has two buttons, one to enter a password and one to Cancel. This shows up every few hours over the day, which is pretty annoying. I keep canceling, but to no avail.

I have no notifications on my iPhone that is paired to this watch, it only comes to the watch. I have no purchases that need to be completed, so I'm unsure why I keep receiving this message, and why I can't tell what is prompting this message.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to stop this? Of course I don't want to enter my password for a prompt that I didn't initiate.

Thanks!

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 12:55 PM

Good afternoon punk_coder,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are getting prompts on your Apple Watch to "Sign in to Complete Purchase." Did you recently update your Apple Watch to watchOS 6? These prompts might be coming from the App Store for the Apple Watch that is available with this new update. watchOS 6.0.1 was released on September 30. I would suggest updating your iPhone and your Apple Watch to the most recent operating systems. Then open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap "My Watch." Tap Settings > General. If "Automatic App Install" is enabled, turn it off.

Install apps on your Apple Watch

"When you set up your Apple Watch, you get the choice to install all your apps now or later. If you choose Install All, the watch app counterparts for the apps on your iPhone will install."

Take care.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2019 12:55 PM in response to punk_coder

Good afternoon punk_coder,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are getting prompts on your Apple Watch to "Sign in to Complete Purchase." Did you recently update your Apple Watch to watchOS 6? These prompts might be coming from the App Store for the Apple Watch that is available with this new update. watchOS 6.0.1 was released on September 30. I would suggest updating your iPhone and your Apple Watch to the most recent operating systems. Then open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap "My Watch." Tap Settings > General. If "Automatic App Install" is enabled, turn it off.

Install apps on your Apple Watch

"When you set up your Apple Watch, you get the choice to install all your apps now or later. If you choose Install All, the watch app counterparts for the apps on your iPhone will install."

Take care.

Nov 1, 2019 5:36 PM in response to AppleHelp-2

I am having the same issue almost constant "sign in to complete purchase" and it is killing my battery life as I get a vibration every time it asked me to do this... I am very interested if there is a way to stop this as I am the most annoyed at my watch that I have ever been. I have updated to 6.1 and have "automatic app install" off and still receive the vibration and message.

Feb 10, 2020 10:26 AM in response to punk_coder

This is ridiculous. Getting that confirm purchase with no context as to what it is after updating to the new watch IOS and phone IOS. I have followed the recommendations by turning off automatic app updates and still have issues. I notice apple is being quite now on this. Maybe if we all send the Wall Street Journal a quick email letting them know the issue we are experiencing we might get a fix as complaining on this thread does not seem to be doing any good. Apple - we do not spend good money on the watch only to have this kind of experience and have you ignore us.

Apple Watch keeps prompting to "Sign in to complete purchase"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.