Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Browser

I just wanted to know why Apple hasn't developed a browser for the Apple TV 4K . Maybe its an idea of theirs in the future , don't you think .

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 8:13 AM

akingsmen Said:

"Apple TV Browser: I just wanted to know why Apple hasn't developed a browser for the Apple TV 4K . Maybe its an idea of theirs in the future , don't you think ."

-------

Provided this Recommendation as Feedback to Apple:

Apple will consider this as feedback, and the more feedback they hear of this, the more they will know what its customers are looking for. So, you can do your part by providing your feedback to Apple. Let them know about this browser you would like to see, and any specifications you can think of that would meet your needs.

Go Here: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple. Select Request a feature or enhancement as the Feedback Type.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2019 8:13 AM in response to akingsmen

akingsmen Said:

"Apple TV Browser: I just wanted to know why Apple hasn't developed a browser for the Apple TV 4K . Maybe its an idea of theirs in the future , don't you think ."

-------

Provided this Recommendation as Feedback to Apple:

Apple will consider this as feedback, and the more feedback they hear of this, the more they will know what its customers are looking for. So, you can do your part by providing your feedback to Apple. Let them know about this browser you would like to see, and any specifications you can think of that would meet your needs.

Go Here: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple. Select Request a feature or enhancement as the Feedback Type.

Sep 30, 2019 8:11 AM in response to akingsmen

Apple has been very clear, that browsing the web on your TV is a really poor experience as many browsers on Smart TVs can attest to and as such are not interested in creating a browser for the Apple TV.

If you really need to browse the web on your Apple TV, airplay the browser screen from your Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch instead.

Sep 30, 2019 8:50 AM in response to akingsmen

Clearly, you have never attempted to use a browser on a TV, its not a good experience. What will you use as a mouse to navigate the websites and click on things? A Keyboard is not a mouse. Would you expect a full desktop version of the website, or the mobile version you see on your iPhone or other mobile device?

As said, if you really, really want to, there's always Airplaying from your iPhone or iPad.

Sep 30, 2019 10:45 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

IdrisSeabright wrote:

akingsmen wrote:

I think its an amazing idea , there are a lot of times where I wish I could get on safari through Apple TV , w/ my wireless keyboard .
My Samsung Smart TV has a browser. Using a browser on a television is an awful experience.

Exactly.

My Panasonic Viera 3D has a browser, and its terrible.

Also, without a mouse, I need to use the movement buttons on the remote to move the pointer around. It really is not a good experience.

I find it faster and easier to use my iPhone or iPad if I need to browse the web and airplay it if I need to send it to the TV.

Apple TV Browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.