Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple TV support use of a web browser?

Does Apple TV support use of a web browser? If yes, how to access?

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 2:35 PM

So, I suspected that. It would seem that a processor capable device with the speed of a Apple TV 4K and in the era of Smart TVs would just naturally take the step to enable, at least, the Safari browser on an iOS operating system regardless.

3 replies

Jan 7, 2021 7:42 AM in response to jkw6504

As per Apple's own explanation for it, Its not a pleasant user experience to have to browse the web using the remote with no letter keys and no mouse or cursor.

Yes, with the support of BT keyboards this may be a better overall experience, but in general web browsing on your TV is not a comfortable thing to do.

I have a web browser on my Samsung Smart Tv, and its not something I want to use often. Trying to move a mouse cursor around the screen with the TVs remote is not a good user experience.

Best to suggest to content providers you want to use a browser for to create Apps for their services instead.

Beyond that, you can suggest the feature to Apple at: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple

Does Apple TV support use of a web browser?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.