Related Article: Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Case Apple TV+ to Chromecast?

I cannot connect to Chromecast on my tv to stream Apple TV

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 10:08 AM

Thank you. So there is no way to watch Apple TV on my television unless I buy more equipment?

5 replies

Feb 25, 2022 10:16 AM in response to lukefromsuffern

Well, in order to watch Apple TV Plus on your television you would either need a TV or external device that supports the app directly, or a TV that supports airplay (for casting from another device). If you don't meet those requirements, yes additional equipment would be needed. You can check the link below to verify.

Apple TV app - Devices - Apple (CA)

Feb 25, 2022 10:19 AM in response to lukefromsuffern

I don’t know what equipment you have …

What is your model smart TV? Possibly it is on the supported list for the Apple TV app (or Apple TV+ app).

Do you have any of these devices to connect to an unsupported TV? Fire TV, Nvidia Shield, Chromecast with Google TV dongle, PlayStation 4 or 5, Roku, Xbox One|One S|Series X|Series S? Those would also support the Apple TV app.

List of Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

All the ways to watch Apple TV+ - Apple Support

How to Case Apple TV+ to Chromecast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.