Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my iPhone 6s into water for about 30 seconds and now it does NOTHING..screen is black please assist

Do you think I need a new phone? Just 30 seconds in water can totally ruin it????? Awful

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 8:40 AM

If it’s not water resistant (can’t recall if the 6s was part of the water resistant models like they are now but a quick search can get that info) then absolutely. They aren’t meant to come in contact with water. The old school suggestion has been to try drying it out in a container of dry rice but no guarantees that will work. Just depends on how much damage the water was able to cause to the internals. If that’s the case you may need a new phone or may have to see if a repair shop can do anything (3rd party because Apple won’t fix water damage).

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2019 8:40 AM in response to slbeachy

If it’s not water resistant (can’t recall if the 6s was part of the water resistant models like they are now but a quick search can get that info) then absolutely. They aren’t meant to come in contact with water. The old school suggestion has been to try drying it out in a container of dry rice but no guarantees that will work. Just depends on how much damage the water was able to cause to the internals. If that’s the case you may need a new phone or may have to see if a repair shop can do anything (3rd party because Apple won’t fix water damage).

I dropped my iPhone 6s into water for about 30 seconds and now it does NOTHING..screen is black please assist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.