Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server App 5.7.1

Updated Mac mini Server Mid 2010 to macOS 10.13.6.

The old server app 5.3.1 does not work anymore. It is not offered as an update.

In the App Store there is only the newest one that doesn't run.

Where can I download the server app 5.7.1 for macOS 10.13.6?

Thanks for answers

Othmar

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 4:40 AM

Unfortunately the Mac mini Server Mid 2010 with 10.14 is no longer supported.

But it's solved by now.

After many detours I got to the right person in the Enterprise department at Apple Support.

If anyone else is looking for this solution, this is the way to go:

• existing server app, for me it was version 5.3, and in the Macintosh HD/Library delete the folder "Server
  • Empty trash
  • Restart system
  • make sure that the supposedly deleted items (point 1.) are actually deleted.
  • Open the App Store app and go to the server app under "Purchases". It should show the button "INSTALL" on the right.
  • Install "macOS Server". The correct version (5.6.3) will be downloaded and installed.
  • Reboot the system

So it worked well for me.

It would be nice if Apple would create a support article for it.

These are things that are not simply self-explanatory.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2019 4:40 AM in response to HenrikGus

Unfortunately the Mac mini Server Mid 2010 with 10.14 is no longer supported.

But it's solved by now.

After many detours I got to the right person in the Enterprise department at Apple Support.

If anyone else is looking for this solution, this is the way to go:

• existing server app, for me it was version 5.3, and in the Macintosh HD/Library delete the folder "Server
  • Empty trash
  • Restart system
  • make sure that the supposedly deleted items (point 1.) are actually deleted.
  • Open the App Store app and go to the server app under "Purchases". It should show the button "INSTALL" on the right.
  • Install "macOS Server". The correct version (5.6.3) will be downloaded and installed.
  • Reboot the system

So it worked well for me.

It would be nice if Apple would create a support article for it.

These are things that are not simply self-explanatory.

Oct 7, 2019 3:24 AM in response to SDL9602

https://www.macstrategy.com/article.php?185

This will maybe help. clearing out how to obtain 5.7.1 as it need mojave running.

I have 10.13.6 and server 5.6.3 running and it almost works as it should. if you don want to upgrade to mojave then maybe it still works downloading 5.6.3

What are you using os x server for? They have removed some functionality in mojave. like dns, dhcp and more......

/H

Server App 5.7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.