Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m trying to restore disabled iPad using iTunes. I’m receiving message that my iPad cannot be restored because iPad doesn’t have latest version of iTunes. Obviously I can’t update iTunes on a disabled iPad, what else can I do

I’m trying to restore my disabled iPad using iTunes. I’m receiving a message as I try to restore saying I need to update the latest version of iTunes to my disabled iPad ????

Since it’s disabled this is not possible. Can I still unlock and restore my iPad without it or how can I update iTunes to a disabled iPad ?

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 3:44 PM

Hello,

There is a slight misunderstanding here. iTunes does not run on an iPad. iTunes needs to be updated on the Macintosh or Windows PC you have plugged your iPad into.

3 replies

I’m trying to restore disabled iPad using iTunes. I’m receiving message that my iPad cannot be restored because iPad doesn’t have latest version of iTunes. Obviously I can’t update iTunes on a disabled iPad, what else can I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.