Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turning off Find My iPhone

I am trying to turn off Find My iPhone in order to restore the phone to factory settings. However, when attempting to turn it off, a pop-up occurs stating "Verification failed, there was an error connecting to iCloud". What does this mean? I am inputting the correct username and password, and am able to log in to my iCloud online...

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 4:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 11:06 AM

Hello hol_,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand you're receiving an error message when trying to turn off Find My iPhone. I'm happy to assist you with this.

First, let's restart your iPhone to see if it resolves this issue:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue persists, reset your network settings. This will help resolve any network issues that may be causing this error. Follow step number seven on this article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

After you reset your network settings, restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2019 11:06 AM in response to hol_

Hello hol_,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand you're receiving an error message when trying to turn off Find My iPhone. I'm happy to assist you with this.

First, let's restart your iPhone to see if it resolves this issue:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue persists, reset your network settings. This will help resolve any network issues that may be causing this error. Follow step number seven on this article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

After you reset your network settings, restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Turning off Find My iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.