Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlink iCloud and google photos

I use both iCloud and Google photos. When I delete a photo from google photos, I get a message saying the pic “will be deleted from iCloud Photos on all devices.”

When I delete from Google, I don’t want the photo to get deleted from iCloud! How do I unlink the two? Please help!

This problem started only after I enabled iCloud photos!

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 12:35 PM

Hello aravindnair,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you want to use both iCloud and Google for photos but get a message stating it will remove photos from all devices. I'd be happy to explain.

There is a setting that frees up space when using Google Photos. This explains what that is: Free up space on your device - iPhone & iPad - Google Photos Help

This might also help: Delete & restore your photos & videos - iPhone & iPad - Google Photos Help

You can also restrict access to the Photos app in Settings > Privacy > Photos.

If you're still having issues, reach out to the Google team here: Contact us - Google

Thanks and have a great day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2019 12:35 PM in response to aravindnair

Hello aravindnair,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you want to use both iCloud and Google for photos but get a message stating it will remove photos from all devices. I'd be happy to explain.

There is a setting that frees up space when using Google Photos. This explains what that is: Free up space on your device - iPhone & iPad - Google Photos Help

This might also help: Delete & restore your photos & videos - iPhone & iPad - Google Photos Help

You can also restrict access to the Photos app in Settings > Privacy > Photos.

If you're still having issues, reach out to the Google team here: Contact us - Google

Thanks and have a great day.

Unlink iCloud and google photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.