Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Texting problem with update 13.1.2?

I cannot text after I updated my iPhone IOS to 13.1.2. Am I the only one who has this issue?

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 11:47 AM

85 replies

Oct 2, 2019 12:08 PM in response to kamalani32

After I posted my message, I found out FaceTime doesn't work either with this 13.1.2. Now both iMessage and FaceTime showing me "waiting for activation." Once in a while my text will send as SMS (green color instead of blue). I tried to restore my iPhone with iTunes, but it will not allowed me to turn off "find my phone." Getting frustrated.

Oct 7, 2019 12:24 PM in response to Jkemp70

Here's an update. After 24 hours, it finally allowed me to turn off my '"find my phone" and I did a restore via iTunes. The whole process will take around 1 hour. Make sure to back up before you perform a restore. My phone is working great, iMessage and FaceTime issue are now working perfectly. Good luck!

Oct 8, 2019 7:51 AM in response to kamalani32

I'm also having this issue after 13.1.2 update 2 days ago. iMessage (and Facetime) remain dead even after reinstalling update and troubleshooting at Apple store yesterday. Can you please share with me who/how to contact Apple engineers familiar with this issue? I had tried phone support first but they couldn't get far and recommended in-person support. Apple store suggested restoring from new, but I've since combed message boards and appears iMessage problem often still persists.

Note: First 13.1.2 update broke most features (calling, messaging, camera, etc). Second 13.1.2 install appears to have cleared most issues except iMessage and Facetime. I cannot open settings>messages -- so cannot try toggling on/off or signing directly into iMessage.

Any assistance much appreciated and please keep us updated on your quest for a fix.

Oct 8, 2019 9:11 AM in response to Liddie303

I have an iPhone 8 and am having same problems with the 13.1.2 update. Pretty disappointed that I now have to do with Apple updates what I've always had to do with Microsoft updates - don't allow them to be automatic and wait for others to suffer the pain instead.

I got suckered into this update because I really wanted the feature to ignore unknown callers. I just disabled that feature because it lacks the obvious companion feature which would be a separate voicemail for unknown callers. Nice, but not quite there yet.

I have been having the same problems that others are reporting here. Texts don't send. Tried every fix other noted here with no success. And, of course, things related to it don't work either (calendar updates, etc).

I also note that trying to select a typo in my messages doesn't work like it used to and now have to delete a lot to get one character fixed. Not a deal breaker, but very annoying.

The only reason I bothered to post this is that I have a fix that seems to work for me and thought I'd share. Apple fans will love this Microsoft fix - reboot the device. Works 100% of the time for me. Sad but true.

I am really starting to feel dirty paying this much for an iPhone when I can have the same bugs and issues with an Android for less cash outlay. Egads, the shame....

Oct 8, 2019 11:30 AM in response to 0123dan

I was on the phone for a long time with Apple Support today. We tried several 'fixes' but nothing worked. I tried to send a text to 2 people and it kept failing. Finally sent a text to each person and that worked. Apple really needs to fix this bug as it makes you feel insecure each time you have to text!

Oct 8, 2019 11:30 AM in response to nancyfromseal beach

Yes, unfortunately the reboot fix is very much like Microsoft stuff - need to do it frequently. So far I only seem to have to do it once or sometimes twice a day, but it does fix the problem consistently. Until this update screwed things up, the only time my phone rebooted was when I ran out of battery or an occasional update.

I agree - Apple needs to fix this ASAP. I have been an iPhone fan for quite some time, but the "it just works" argument seems pretty hard to make now.

Texting problem with update 13.1.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.