Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot camp - MacOs Mojave - "Your disk could not be partitioned" when patition size is above 40BG

Hi,

So i tried to install windows 10 in my macbook pro using boot camp and always got this error "Your disk could not be partitioned" no matter what i did unless the partition size for boot camp is 40GB. I have no idea what is the problem. Someone please help me, I'm an engineering student and I really need windows 10 in macbook with at least 90 GB of partition size.

I have a Macbook pro 13" with touch bar 256GB late 2016 model.

(FYI when i first bought my macbook(2017) with macos sierra at that time, i installed windows 10 using boot camp and it worked well, but later removed it.)

my macbook is equipped with mojave up to date as of oct19, never used time machine and file vault.

Attempt 1: I downloaded windows 10 May19 ISO and opened Boot camp, set 90GB as partition size. got this error. but when i set the partition size as 40gb it worked.

Attempt 2: Formatted main internal disk and reinstalled macOs mojave. Still got the same error.

Attempt 3: Formatted main internal disk, downgraded to High sierra and Still got the same error.

Attempt 4: Upgraded to mojave and still have the same error.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 10:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 3:00 AM

You have overallocation corruption on the APFS Container as shown in the last three warning messages.

Reboot and hold Command+S, which will put your Mac in Single-User Mode. In the black-and-white console, run

fsck_apfs -s -o -y /dev/rdisk1

Post a photograph of the output.

Similar questions

3 replies

Boot camp - MacOs Mojave - "Your disk could not be partitioned" when patition size is above 40BG

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.