Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notes.app sync issues since iPadOS

Hi, I cannot see an existing thread so apologies if this has been raised. I seem to have run into a syncing issue with the second and third release of iPadOS whereby notes just are not syncing across to all devices.

I have done the standard, turn off iCloud syncing on all devices, reinstalled notes app etc but to no avail!

I have notice that now the header appears, but the hand written note simply does not show. I have tried typed notes, same issue. It seems to be those notes added to my iPad Pro that this causes the issue.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 4:03 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Oct 27, 2019 5:36 PM in response to wedge25

This turned out working for me, for now: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7720480?page=4

Finally found a solution for this after months of trying various different things. (Tried pretty much every solution, individually or in combination). What finally worked for me was:

Making sure that all internet accounts had synching off for notes (including iCloud) in the system preferences
Going to /users/[name]/Library and doing a search within that folder for any file containing “Notes” in the name.
matches were found in both /users/[yourname]/Library/Containers AND /users/[yourname]/Library/GroupContainers
going to /Library/Caches and selecting all and moving to trash
Selected all such files, threw them in the trash.
Empty trash
Reboot
Open Notes
Turn on synching for iCloud

Presto! It worked! For the first time since I installed Sierra pretty much, it finally worked on my computer again! So I’m not sure which file it was exactly that I deleted that did the trick, but my best guess is that deleting the notes related files in “containers” is not enough, you must also go after the related files in “group containers”.

There we go! Hope this helps somebody else!

Oct 7, 2019 2:32 AM in response to wedge25

Sorry I was too quick to think that what I did solved this problem for me, it hasn't! I can only think that this is sporadic in that it now syncs sometimes, then others (and mostly) does not sync. It also seems to sync some of the note and it certainly does not link syncing hand written notes.

Anyone else experiencing this?

notes.app sync issues since iPadOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.