Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help creating and exporting individual clips from a long continuous recording, iMovie

Hi All,

I have a 3 hour long, continuous recording from a class. My goal is to pull 15 shorter clips (around 2 minutes each) from that. These should be individual clips and not a 30 minute long edit of the clips together. My Project Media contains the whole 3 hour recording. From that I'm able to drag it into the timeline, split it into shorter clips and delete what I don't need. However, I'm very stuck on finding a way to export the individual clips I want. So far I'm only able to export everything that's left in the timeline as one longer clip. Any help?

Thanks!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 7:45 AM

iMovie doesn’t allow for exporting individual clips from a multi clip project.

Create a new project and copy and paste the clip into it that you want to share out (export). After you export you can either keep the new project and create another one for exporting another clip, or you can delete the clip and copy/paste another clip into it for export.

Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2019 7:45 AM in response to Buffaloquestions

iMovie doesn’t allow for exporting individual clips from a multi clip project.

Create a new project and copy and paste the clip into it that you want to share out (export). After you export you can either keep the new project and create another one for exporting another clip, or you can delete the clip and copy/paste another clip into it for export.

Rich

Need help creating and exporting individual clips from a long continuous recording, iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.