Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Screen after Unlock from Face ID

after getting my iPhone 11 Pro unlocked through Face ID, it should go directly to home screen.

it shouldn't be required to swipe up after unlocking the phone from Face ID

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 10:32 PM

The iPhone 7 never had Face ID and never required a swipe up to unlock. Touch ID would take you right to the home screen. Phones with Face ID require it because some people may want to just check the time or their notifications but because the phone will see your face it will bypass those and open your phone. Therefore you have to swipe up to let the phone know you want to open it up.

24 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2020 10:32 PM in response to Troymd2009

The iPhone 7 never had Face ID and never required a swipe up to unlock. Touch ID would take you right to the home screen. Phones with Face ID require it because some people may want to just check the time or their notifications but because the phone will see your face it will bypass those and open your phone. Therefore you have to swipe up to let the phone know you want to open it up.

Oct 11, 2019 5:08 AM in response to Umer5556

I literally just upgraded from a 7 plus last night to the 11, my 7 plus after recognizing my fingerprint went directly to the home screen. This is problem should be rectified! I hate that I have to swipe up in order to get to my home screen after the face recognition. Apple should take this into consideration as it is very annoying 🤷🏾‍♀️

Oct 5, 2019 2:46 PM in response to Umer5556

if you place your finger on touch ID without pressing it would not go to home screen, you have to physically press the button.

swipe up from the bottom after or before face id is the similar feature

The idea is here not to unlock the phone accidentally when cafe Id sees your face, like when it's on the desk on in the car mount.

Sorry if you don't like this implementation, but for now that's how it works and I don't see Apple changing this any time soon.

Oct 8, 2019 12:54 PM in response to Saifan Pilot

Saifan, in old models who has touch id and home button goes directly to home screen after touch id

but there is option in settings that either you want to go directly to home screen after touch id or you still need to press home button after touch id to go home screen

now i am using iPhone 11 Pro Max and before i was using iPhone 7 Plus. Thats why i am confident

Dec 2, 2019 11:19 AM in response to Umer5556

Right, this function to go to the Home Screen directly after facial recognition is missing. There's absolutely no reason to not be able to have it this way. For all haters of this function/idea there could be a switch for a) Login to Home Screen or b) Just unlock the Phone.

As a iPhone 6+ user until today (now iPhone 11) it sounds for me like two steps forward and one step back, as almost always with new generations of hardware and software.

Apple please add this functionality to OS 13, thank you very much in advance!

Cheers

Feb 3, 2020 10:44 PM in response to anypats

I apologize I wasn’t talking about the Face ID to unlock to home. I am talking about simply unlocking the phone and on phones with out Face ID you need to push the home button to go to the home page other wise it was still on the lock screen wallpaper. So with phones with Face ID instead of it unlocking and going to home like I am used on my 7 plus I have an extra step to swipe up.

Home Screen after Unlock from Face ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.