Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Can’t select Words when type Chinese

iOS 13.1.1 &13.1.2 Can’t select Words when type Chinese

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 6:25 AM

1 reply

Oct 5, 2019 12:19 PM in response to MattYHLin

Hello MattYHLin,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that predictive text is not working; I'd like to help.

Since noticing this behavior, have you had a chance to restart your device? This step may seem fairly simple, but it can resolve some issues:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you continue to have this issue, try turning off predictive text and then restarting your iPhone before turning it on and testing again:

Use predictive text on iPhone

"Turn off predictive text

1. While editing text, touch and hold  or .
  2. Slide to Keyboard Settings, then turn off Predictive.

When you turn off predictive text, iPhone may still try to suggest corrections for misspelled words. To accept a correction, enter a space or punctuation, or tap return. To reject a correction, tap the “x.” If you reject the same suggestion a few times, iPhone stops suggesting it."

Additionally, you may want to try changing the keyboard language and testing it, then swapping it back to Chinese again:

About the keyboards settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Keep us posted with the results.

Best Regards.

I Can’t select Words when type Chinese

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.