Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Apple ID on iPhone

Hi, I'm looking for some advice. I want to give my Son my last iPhone (6S) for his 11th birthday but I'm paranoid that if I get it ready for him ahead of time by signing into his apple ID, loading his apps, emails, contacts etc, this will make it visible on his iPad and it will ruin the surprise.

Can I just set it up as a phone by creating a new Apple ID, and then change it later to his ID, at that point loading his apps etc?

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 7:41 AM

Follow the advice listed in: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, then the iPhone will be available for him to setup using his Apple ID when you present it to him.

6 replies

Oct 3, 2019 7:59 AM in response to Ferd II

Yeah, totally get your point but given his age I wanted to give him a working phone for the little while he'll have before going to school, and also wanted to check the phone has been unlocked and is working with the new mobile provider before giving it to him, given the potential delay if the unlocking hasn't worked.

Many thanks for your help - really appreciate it!

Changing Apple ID on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.