Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stock app does not retain ticker symbol

Stock app does not retain VEU ticker symbol. You can add, but it disappears if you close and reopen stock app.

iPhone SE

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 2:52 PM

Hi KanzaKruzer.

I've tried adding the ticker as well and can confirm that it does not stay in the watchlist when the Stocks app has been quit and restarted. At this point, your best option will be to reach out to Apple Support to report the issue.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Cheers.

5 replies

Oct 5, 2019 12:32 PM in response to KanzaKruzer

Hello KanzaKruzer and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I understand that when you try to add the "VEU" ticker symbol to the Stocks app it will disappear if you close and reopen the app. I know it's important to be able to add tickers, I'd like to help. You mention this behavior occurs when you close the app; do you mean that you're closing the app to go to the Home screen or switch to another app, or are you forcing the app to close entirely by swiping up and dismissing it?

If this happens after just returning to the Home screen or using a different app, try the steps below to force the Stocks app to close then restart your iPhone and test again:

If you continue to see the behavior, try removing and reinstalling Stocks with these steps: Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12 or later device or Apple Watch

Are you using the most recent iOS version? If not, I'd suggest updating your device: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

Oct 5, 2019 1:12 PM in response to revbill222

The VEU ticker disappears when the home screen is selected and the app is reopened. Other ticker symbols like VTI do not have the same problem. Running latest iOS on iPhone SE for several days. Same problem on earlier iOS.

Restarted phone several times. Deleted all tickers. Removed Stocks app several times. Same problem with VEU ticker symbol.

Stock app does not retain ticker symbol

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.