Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has the little magnifying lens now been removed when texting on an iPhone?

I just updated my iPhone.

When typing on Facebook or WhatsApp or, well, anything really, if I clicked & held in a spot, a little lens would pop up & I could move the cursor to another place... If I wanted to make a correction or whatever. The alternative to this is clicking & holding on the space bar, which does the same thing.

Unfortunately, the magnifying glass method doesn't seem to work any more.

The space bar method is fine all, but it doesn't very easily go from the bottom to the top of the message. You have to sort of do it in stages.

Has the magnifier method gone or have I switched it off somehow?

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 9:10 AM

As far as I know the magnifier has gone in iOS 13, and regarding text editing in general quite a bit has changed, it seems! This article points out the changes:

https://www.imore.com/how-use-text-editing-gestures-iphone-ios-13

Hope this helps you! Regards, Ian.

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 5, 2019 3:54 AM in response to Ian Leckie

Thanks! Perfect. It's basically still there but quicker & more subtle than it was before. The other tips in that article helped, too.

Now, if only I could get rid of those "frequently used" emojis that have suddenly appeared in my WhatsApp & that I never, ever have or will use, then my digital world will be restored to its previous tranquility once again! lol

Oct 5, 2019 7:45 AM in response to del.frost

You're welcome! I'm glad the article was of some help. Re "frequently used" emojis in WhatsApp...I can't help there, as I haven't yet upgraded to iOS 13. I've been frightened off for the moment by the flood of negative reports. You're braver than me! I'm staying put on 12.4.1 (which is rock-solid on my iPhone X) until Apple gets it properly sorted. Regards, Ian.

Has the little magnifying lens now been removed when texting on an iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.