Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes Sign in wont go away on MAC

I can't get the sign in for Itunes to go away on my MAC. I put the password in it accepts it but then pops right back up with the message to login. I can't do an update because I cant close the itunes login screen

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 1:07 PM

Hello vlint,

I understand you're continually being prompted to sign into iTunes on your Mac even though it appears to be accepting the password you're entering. I know something like this could definitely become a little bothersome, and I'm happy to help you prevent it from happening further.

Have you recently changed the email address you use for your Apple ID? If so, the first step I recommend doing is making sure you aren't still signed in anywhere on your Mac with the old Apple ID. This should help you: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password. Once you've done that, complete the the steps below. Try signing into iTunes after each one by selecting Account > Sign In, from the menu-bar. You may have to complete the first step more than once if you're unable to do the other steps due to the iTunes sign-in window not going away.

1. Force quit iTunes, and then reopen it: How to force an app to quit on your Mac.
  2. Restart your Mac: How to turn your Mac on or off.
  3. Sign into iTunes while your Mac is booted in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac. Restart your Mac like normal afterwards.
  4. Update your Mac to the most recent version of macOS it's currently running: How to update the software on your Mac.
  5. Create a new user account, log into it, and try signing into iTunes there: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

If you're still receiving that message, this might be caused by a connection issue. Try out any steps you haven't already completed in the following support article next: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2019 1:07 PM in response to vlint

Hello vlint,

I understand you're continually being prompted to sign into iTunes on your Mac even though it appears to be accepting the password you're entering. I know something like this could definitely become a little bothersome, and I'm happy to help you prevent it from happening further.

Have you recently changed the email address you use for your Apple ID? If so, the first step I recommend doing is making sure you aren't still signed in anywhere on your Mac with the old Apple ID. This should help you: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password. Once you've done that, complete the the steps below. Try signing into iTunes after each one by selecting Account > Sign In, from the menu-bar. You may have to complete the first step more than once if you're unable to do the other steps due to the iTunes sign-in window not going away.

1. Force quit iTunes, and then reopen it: How to force an app to quit on your Mac.
  2. Restart your Mac: How to turn your Mac on or off.
  3. Sign into iTunes while your Mac is booted in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac. Restart your Mac like normal afterwards.
  4. Update your Mac to the most recent version of macOS it's currently running: How to update the software on your Mac.
  5. Create a new user account, log into it, and try signing into iTunes there: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

If you're still receiving that message, this might be caused by a connection issue. Try out any steps you haven't already completed in the following support article next: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Itunes Sign in wont go away on MAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.