Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Home Sharing work between tvOS 12.4.1 and macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra with iTunes 12.8.2.3?

I have a 4th gen Apple TV running tvOS 12.4.1 and just added a late 2011 Mac Mini with macOS 10.13.6 and iTunes 12.8.2.3 to the network, but the Apple TV is unable to find the Mac Mini's iTunes Library using Home Sharing.

I've had no problem with Home Sharing using my more current MacBook Pro, but I'm wondering if Home Sharing can work with my Apple TV and the legacy Mac Mini, as the newer macOS and iTunes versions don't support the legacy Mac Mini.

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 1:46 PM

Yeah, I solved the problem. It wasn't a compatibility issue at all, I just hadn't noticed that you have to turn Home Sharing on from the iTunes File => Home Sharing menu also. I had just turned on sharing from the Preferences. So, an old school Mac Mini seems to be a good and affordable media server.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2019 1:46 PM in response to RVirta

Yeah, I solved the problem. It wasn't a compatibility issue at all, I just hadn't noticed that you have to turn Home Sharing on from the iTunes File => Home Sharing menu also. I had just turned on sharing from the Preferences. So, an old school Mac Mini seems to be a good and affordable media server.

Does Home Sharing work between tvOS 12.4.1 and macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra with iTunes 12.8.2.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.