Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail program stopped working

Today, for no apparent reason, my mail program stopped working. At first Safari didn't work either but then it kicked in. I've tried rebooting the computer, modem and router to no avail. I'm using a MacBook Pro 2016 with OS 10.14.6. Any ideas?

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 4:42 PM

3 replies

Oct 5, 2019 7:41 PM in response to Gilser

Hello Gilser and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you have been having some kind of issue with Mail on a Mac running Mojave.

Are your email accounts all iCloud based (i.e., icloud.com, me.com or mac.com)? There was a reported outage in some iCloud services about the same time you posted this.

You can always check that status of various Apple systems here:

Apple - Support - System Status

If the issue is ongoing, some additional detail would help in terms of allowing the community to possibly chime in with answers.

Are you able to send but not receive? The opposite? Unable to either send or receive? If the accounts are not iCloud, then who is the provider? Is the app itself becoming unresponsive or crashing?

Cheers.

Mail program stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.