Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro mail issues

After the recent new operating system was installed my mail app started timing out before mail could be loaded and my mail accounts keep going offline despite being still on the internet since Safari works normally. Restarting get everything working again for just a few minutes. Quitting mail and restarting it often also gets my mail accounts online for just a minute or so and then they go offline again. connection doctor just keeps trying to contact mail servers and can't. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 5:54 AM

2 replies

Jun 18, 2019 3:20 PM in response to BHLBiker

If you can still access the Mail app, I suggest removing all of your email accounts. Then shut-down and restart the app. Then try adding one of your email accounts. If successful, can you now access your messages with just this account?

If you can't get the app to run, then I would suggest that you rebuild the mailbox database, using this article as a guide:

Jun 18, 2019 3:51 PM in response to Tesserax

I had a call with Apple support today and tried a number of fixes. Ended up there was malware on my MacBook. After the three malware programs were removed everything worked normally. Macs are not immune from malware and similar viruses! I thought they were but have now been proven wrong. I installed an app called Malwarebytes that fixed everything.

MacBook Pro mail issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.