Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i remove my photos from Icloud to free up storage?

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 6:29 AM

6 replies

Oct 14, 2019 8:02 AM in response to Eggy1

i did recieve a reply that made no sense or help to use the web interface on a computer? seriously. ? the icloud settings does not have any way to just delete said photos.. other than purchase more space( which im not doing) or uncheck the settings and wait

30 days for these settings to hopefully delete them. lets do better folks..

Oct 14, 2019 8:15 AM in response to Eggy1

Poor soul! Can't afford 99¢ a month to save photos. How do you pay for your cellular service?

Note that iCloud is a syncing service, not an archiving service. So whatever you have on your phone will be exactly the same as what is in iCloud. If you delete from iCloud it will delete from your phone, and vice versa.

BTW, you don't have to wait 30 days. Just go to the Recently Deleted folder and delete them there.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.