Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving an iMovie project from Mac to iPad

Hi everybody,

I created an iMovie project on my MacBook Air (MacOS 10.14.6), and I would like to continue editing it on my iPad Pro (iPadOS 13.1.2), but I don't seem to be able to find a way to move a project from a Mac to an iPad. Could someone please be so kind to help me out or at least point me in the right direction? Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,

Enrico

MacBook

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 7:21 AM

3 replies

Oct 6, 2019 3:58 PM in response to Rich839

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, Rich.

I think you are right: there's no way to share iMovie projects from a Mac to an iOS device. The page you kindly linked to suggests that it's possible through AirDrop, but my experience is different: I can easily share projects with AirDrop between iOS devices and from an iOS device to a Mac, but not the other way round or between two Macs — the Share Sheet in iMovie on Mac doesn't even have the AirDrop option (or at least on my version of iMovie, i.e. 10.1.12); please see below. Thank you very much again for your help!

Best regards,

Enrico

Moving an iMovie project from Mac to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.