Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I position the cursor in the middle of a word?

Since the upgrade to iPadOS 13.1 I cannot position the cursor in the middle of a word anymore. It always selects the whole word - which is very annoying to retype everything just because of a minor typing-error.

I already deactivated „Delete by whole word“ in Preferences-General-keyboard to no avail.

Does not happen in all apps, but many.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 8:09 AM

Hello,

iPadOS 13 handles the curser in a different way. Instead of holding down in the middle of a word to access the magnifier, you now pick up the cursor and place it where you would like it.

Alternatively you can use the trackpad inside the on-screen keyboard. You can access the trackpad by placing 2 fingers on the keyboard and start planing your fingers. This will turn the on-screen keyboard into a trackpad. You can also double-tap with 2 fingers to enter text selection mode.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2019 8:09 AM in response to Gulliver

Hello,

iPadOS 13 handles the curser in a different way. Instead of holding down in the middle of a word to access the magnifier, you now pick up the cursor and place it where you would like it.

Alternatively you can use the trackpad inside the on-screen keyboard. You can access the trackpad by placing 2 fingers on the keyboard and start planing your fingers. This will turn the on-screen keyboard into a trackpad. You can also double-tap with 2 fingers to enter text selection mode.

How can I position the cursor in the middle of a word?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.