Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts merged

With the new update, when I try to text my husband’s work phone, it has merged his iPhone and his work phone (two different numbers) and I can’t chose which number I am texting to...? Anyone else?

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 6:10 PM

Me too!!! My iPhone recently updated automatically and I deeply regret the auto update. This version (iOS 13.1.3) is a headache. Here it is, I have contacts that have more than one mobile number. Every contact that has multiple phone numbers listed under their contact, I go to text/iMessage them it’s all MERGED into one thread. On top of that, it goes to every phone they have or it picks automatically. I can not separate them UNLESS I make a different contact for each number which isn’t feasible. I tried to resolve this by trouble shooting on my own (typing in the number) and it still does the same thing. I spoke to Apple support to no avail.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2019 6:10 PM in response to Saifan Pilot

Me too!!! My iPhone recently updated automatically and I deeply regret the auto update. This version (iOS 13.1.3) is a headache. Here it is, I have contacts that have more than one mobile number. Every contact that has multiple phone numbers listed under their contact, I go to text/iMessage them it’s all MERGED into one thread. On top of that, it goes to every phone they have or it picks automatically. I can not separate them UNLESS I make a different contact for each number which isn’t feasible. I tried to resolve this by trouble shooting on my own (typing in the number) and it still does the same thing. I spoke to Apple support to no avail.

Contacts merged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.